It is with great joy I announce that we will be opening again on June 1st. As a reminder, we have Zoom meetings tomorrow. Please try to attend so that all questions can be answered and minds relieved.
We have received approval from the United Methodist District Superintendent to open June 1st. Our final hurdle is the Church Guide Team's approval on Wednesday but Pastor Vic feels that is going to go fine. As a result, I want to invite each of you to one of two zoom meetings (the most convenient to you) to go over the new policies and procedures we have put in place with our new COVID-19 environment.
Zoom Meeting 1
Topic: Foundation’s Parent Meeting
Time: May 28, 2020 08:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Zoom Meeting 2
Time: May 28, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
I will be placing copies of all of the documents on below so that you can have a chance to read things ahead of time. I will include the policies for staff as well a paperwork for parents.
I hope to see you on the zoom meeting. I can't wait to see everyone on June 1st.
April 23, 2020
Parents, I shared this letter via our Facebook page and email as well but I wanted to update you on the plans for the school.
Yesterday, Amy and I met with members of the Church's Guide Team, the Chair of the Preschool Board, the Church Business Administrator and Pastor Vic. We discussed two subjects. The first was VPK graduation and the second was when we can open again.
VPK graduation will be held Thursday, May 14th at 10:00 am. It will be done via a graduation parade. The individual VPK Teachers will provide you with details but a quick summary is as follows: we will be providing a day when each family can come and pick up their child's gift bag, cap, gown and Tassle. This will provide you an opportunity to take graduation pictures. On the day of the parade, we ask that the kids come dressed in their caps and gowns and we will do a parade with lots of banners and balloons and whoohooing!. There can be no touching but we still should be able to have a very special time.
The TENTATIVE DATE to re-open the school is June 1st. I say tentative because our portion of the state must be in phase 2 for this to happen (please see attached document of the criteria and phases below my letter).
When we open, we will be in summer session and operations will look different. There will be specific precautions used when the children enter the building, there are heightened cleaning restrictions and new rules regarding social gathering of the children. I have attached the guidelines we are working under below this letter.
There is much work to be done to ensure we are following all of the guidelines to keep your children and the staff safe. We are still figuring out some of the details and will share them with you as we work things through this next month.
While Amy and staff work on the new policies, my number one priority will be to work with each of you to determine your plans so that I can determine numbers, staffing and the potential to add children on our waiting list. I will be contacting each of you separately to verify your summer registration and to provide you with some additional documents that will need to be signed regarding your role in social distancing and keeping your children safe at home. These are being drafted now and I should have them by tomorrow or early next week.
I know this sounds a bit overwhelming and I'm sure many of you are disappointed that this is taking so long but everything we are doing is to ensure the safety of your children and families.
One big way you can help in ensuring I can reach you to make plans is to be sure we have your most current email and phone number (If you don't receive this letter via email from me by noon, you know we don't have your current email) so that I can speak with you. I will be in the office between 8:30 and noon Monday - Thursday. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my cell is 585-802-3490.
At this time, I cannot verify which teacher your child will have on June 1. Much of this will depend on numbers because of the restrictions within a classroom. As soon as I know who will be attending, I will be able to assign classrooms and can share that information but to be honest, it won't be until we are really close to our opening date.
Well, I think that is it. It's a lot to take in and I want you to know how grateful I am for your patience and support of the team. Every single employee has been working their heart out to provide interaction with the kids and your encouragement has been priceless.
Parents, after last night's Presidential update and the strong emphasis on social distancing, we have decided to stay closed for the weeks of April 6th and April 13th. We will re evaluate for the week of April 20th. The staff will be providing virtual classes starting next week. These will include circle time, story books, art, math and science projects. Each Teacher may do it a bit differently. Some will load everything to the website, others may do everything via a Facebook page specific to that class, some may call you personally too. Every family will be notified about how their teacher will be providing this instruction.
I will continue to do daily challenges and read our bedtime stories.
We hope to see many of you tomorrow at the parade!
Once again, if you need to talk with me, please contact me on my cell phone 585-802-3490.
Parents, we have made the decision to remain closed next week. The reasoning behind this is that the national 15 day period the President asked everyone to adhere to ends Monday. I'm sure there will be announcements regarding where things stand, what they have learned and what is expected next.
Once again with us being closed, you will not be charged. Unfortunately, due to things beyond my control, the staff will not be paid unless they come onto the campus to work on things specific to the school. They are aware of this and we are working through it.
Our goal, and this depends on what the government says after the 15 day period is over, is to open on April 6th. What I need to know from you is if you feel you will be sending your children at this time. It is my plan to only charge for those who are here and no one will lose their spot if they don't come that week but I would like to know what I will need for food and staffing.
I would ask you to go to our website, select the "Contact Us" tab and complete that form with your information. It will provide me one point of access for all responses.
We will continue to stay connected to the kids as we have this week and probably even more. I know I am enjoying seeing their pictures and videos and staying connected is keeping me a little more sane.
I am always available if you need to talk, 585-802-3490.
Parents, after a lot of prayer, conversations with you and the staff, we have decided to close for the week of March 23rd. We will NOT be charging anyone tuition for this week and because I know you are worried about staff, I want you to know they will be paid.
It is our plan to look at things on a "week to week" basis. I will try to let you know about the week of March 30th by Thursday, March 26th so that you have a little more time to plan.
Please know that rather we are open or closed, no one will lose their spot with us while this pandemic situation is in place.
Amy and I both thank you for the support you have shown as we worked through this decision. We treasure each of you and pray that you will remain safe.
Corona Virus Update: Parents, I wanted to take a moment to share our status and our thinking behind our current decisions. At this time, we are planning to remain open unless mandated to close. We are doing this for several reasons. By being open, we are providing consistency for the children. they will continue their education process (which is so very important), play with their friends, enjoy their meals and daily routines. This is very important for the kids; especially during a time when the world around them is experiencing so much stress. Additionally, for many children if they were to stay home, it may become their grandparents responsibility to provide supervision so that you can work. Because grandparents are generally in the "at risk" population for this virus, we want to minimize that possibility.
I certainly understand that even though we continue to be open, you may feel more comfortable keeping your child home. Please understand that even if they remain home, you will be charged for their tuition.
We do have scholarship funds available to help families whose hours have been cut or who are not being paid because of the current situation. If you feel you will need some assistance, please contact me so that we can discuss the situation. If your account has been historically current, I'm sure we can make things work so that your child can continue to attend or their spot remain reserved.
Please contact me if you have any questions. We are in constantly changing times and I will continue to keep you as up to date as possible.